Navigator™ LASER 

Disease causing bacteria lives in a biofilm that can be compared to moss on a rock. This biofilm will not come off with hand and ultrasonic scalers alone. If there is infection in the mouth it is necessary to use ultrasonic scalers and a thermal LASER to kill the bacteria in the biofilm. We use ultrasonic or piezo scalers to implode the bacteria in the biofilm. After using ultrasonic and piezo scalers a thermal laser is used to disinfect the pocket. The LASER gets rid of the bacteria that cause the infection, creating an environment that allows the body to heal itself. The light energy left behind by the LASER initiates tissue healing.